Life’s Goal


 As I sit in Panera Bread catching some free WiFi I over hear a conversation between some older Caucasian women referencing children and marriage! The one lady stated how she had her daughter young at 21 and how there wasn’t much career choices back in the 60s and that she had no desire to even have a career she wanted to get married and have children and push the strollers and just enjoy a life of marriage and motherhood!

As I picture her life in my mind and how satisfying that was to her I think about my own situation and having a child at the exact same age but marriage being far from my mind! One the relationship I was in at the time was extremely toxic I had absolutely no desire to be with him the rest of my life and have more children with him, but besides that I’ve always wanted to achieve my goals as far as what I wanted to do with myself I wonder does that desire come from the various options that I have or had that she did not or did that come out of the innate desire to be free of the role of WIFE! 


Comments

Popular Posts